Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I am very pleased to show you my first published book EVER, for a book called My Ouma is a Rock-ster (My Grandma is a rock star), published by Lapa. My very own copy was delivered to me this weekend. It's about a boy whose grandmother is, as the title suggests, a rock star. He's not too keen on this as she's more focussed now on being famous and signing autographs than being a gran. Then she gets kidnapped and its up to the boy and his friend to save her.

I experienced a HUGE learning curve while illustrating this book. So many hours spent drawing (and even more re-drawing) and the amount of thought put into these was more than I had ever anticipated. But all in all I'm pretty proud of it. I've just finished my second book for Lapa (handed it in yesterday actually) and am starting my third. It's already so much easier and I learn more and more as I go along. Here are some of the illustrations from the book :)







No comments:

Post a Comment